Ants are a common pest
Ants are one of the most common types of pests in the Gold Coast region. Our ant-control treatments are some of the most commonly booked treatments for both residential and commercial properties. While ants are not as dangerous or unhygienic as other pests, they are just plain annoying and unsightly. Their small size means they can get into all food storage, contaminating food and leaving trails across your home. Ant problems tend to increase during rainy weather when the ants increase their food gathering efforts and seek shelter indoors.
DIY ant control vs the professionals
Our pest control technicians will use a combination of liquid sprays, insecticidal dust, and ant bait gel to kill the ants inside your home as well as the nearby ant colony. The ants in your home will take the bait gel back to the ant colony and kill off the ants in the colony as well. The Ant Pest Control Treatment is far superior to DIY ant control options because it kills the local colony, preventing reinfestation.
How to prevent ants?
Our valued clients often ask how to get rid of ants or how to prevent ant issues in the first place. The best way to prevent an ant issue or stop it in its tracks is to remove food sources for ants. Here are our top tips for preventing ants in your home:
- Keep the kitchen clean – wipe down benchtops after use to remove food particles and spills, daily vacuum/sweep the kitchen floor for crumbs and don’t leave dishes sitting unwashed overnight
- Give the tops of cupboards, shelves, and other hard to reach places a regular wipe.
- Store foods in airtight containers and in cupboards/on shelves, not at floor level.
- Regularly clean and vacuum your home to remove all food sources
- Reduce the availability of water, including from leaks and spills
- Store pet food in airtight containers and wash and put away pets food bowls when they’re finished eating
Booking an Ant Pest Control Treatment as soon as you spot an ant problem will nip the issue in the bud quickly and protect your home environment.
Have you got an ant problem in your home or business? Contact us today to speak to us about treatment options.