Spiders – do you really want them IN your home?
Spiders, while not well-loved, are some of the most helpful pests, often feeding on flies and other insects in our home. Aside from the cobwebs and discomfort of having a spider in your home, you need to watch for the dangerous spiders. In Australia, there are thousands of species of spider that can be dangerous or even deadly to humans and pets. Spider bites can cause skin irritation, sickness, and in some cases, death. Act quickly once you notice dangerous spiders in your house and call a pest control technician.
Spider treatments to protect your family
Brisbane City Pest Control will thoroughly inspect your home and recommend the best type of treatment for the spiders in your home. We use a mix of insecticidal dust, and liquid sprays on the external entry points to your home to prevent spiders from entering. Our expert technicians will treat all the nooks and crannies of your home where a spider could be hiding, including roof voids, internal floor corners, and under electrical appliances.
Our Spider Treatments come with a 12-month warranty for spider prevention. As members of the Brisbane community, we understand the need to protect your pets and family from spider bites.
What are the symptoms of a spider bite?
Have you or a loved one got a bite and are wondering if it is from a spider? While spider bite symptoms can vary depending on the type of spider that bit you, here are some general spider bite symptoms:
- Swelling around the bite
- Stiffness around the bite
- Stinging or pain around the bite
- Twitching of facial muscles
- Slowing of reflexes
- Breathing difficulty
- Vomiting or nausea
- Excess salivation
- Contraction and cramping of limbs
- Paralysis in lower limbs
- Eyes failing to respond to light
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, you should contact a medical professional immediately. In some cases, spider bites can be deadly.
How to avoid spider bites
- Wear enclosed shoes when going outside, especially at night
- Don’t leave items on the ground outside, especially toys and things that pets and children will play with
- Check shoes before putting them on
- Stay alert for spiders during wet weather or when you have been gardening or landscaping
- Wear gloves when gardening or moving things outside
- Check areas where spiders may be hiding with a stick
Too many cobwebs around your home? Contact us today for a spider treatment.